The revolution in digital advertising has made it very easy for businesses to quickly & effectively identify the most efficient platform for their advertisements, their target audience, their behavioral patterns, etc thus enabling them to get better ROIs in their Ad campaigns. Further, the introduction of Advertising Technology or Adtech has facilitated integrating different channels for maximum utilization.
Programmatic Advertising is the use of software for digital marketing to buy target audiences instead of any particular media space. For instance, buying an ad space on a website which serves a particular demography instead of buying a primetime slot in mediaspace hoping to reach the target audience. It aims to better optimize & improve the quality of Ads. Moreover, as the human labor reduces, one gets more time to plan efficiently.
Ad networks collect remnant inventory from multiple publishers & offer it to advertisers as packaged impressions on a CPM basis. It can be categorized as :
● Premium – Inventory from popular publishers.
● Vertical – Niche specific networks like travel, fashion, technology, etc.
● Specialized – Offers customized special inventory networks.
● Affiliate – Using the revenue share, CPC or CPA pricing model.
One must choose their preferred ad network depending on their niche, audience, user demographics, user engagement patterns.
As a solution lets discuss Media.net who makes things easy for its clients. Media.net as one of the world’s largest global AdTech Co. offers a spectrum of varied services to its esteemed clientele. It builds auto-optimized, auto-learning products to display sustainable value ads which maximize publisher revenue as well as ROI of advertisers. It provides a platform equipped with advanced technology, class data processing, machine learning algorithms to maximize the monetization.
They specialize not in one direction but in everything that is demanded or required by the customer understanding their end goal. They specialize in:
■ Contextual Ads
■ Display Ads
■ Video Ads
■ Native Ads
The Media.net Programmatic Platform delivers the most powerful way to draw on the most competitive & unique demand with server-side enablement, they are leading the evolution of Programmatic Tech, with a fully managed Header Bidding Platform, Prebid Adapter & Google’s Exchange Bidding (EBDA)
Media.net marketplace guarantees the best prices inventories, they minimize latency and keep user experience intact while giving complete transparency & greater control. Users get actionable insights from extensive reporting. A Global Account Management Team ensures quick turnaround times and ever-responsive 24×7 customer support.
When one is choosing an ad network they generally come to what is known as a programmatic marketplace or a PMP. Where the clients choose the Ad networks in the following ways.
Open Auctions is the official term for real-time bidding (RTB). Inventory prices are decided in real-time through an auction. Publishers or advertisers place their media inventory in an ad exchange with prices varying across different metrics, generally, a minimum CPM is used & the highest bidder wins the impressions. Private Auctions are very similar to Open Auctions, except publishers restrict participation to selected advertisers only, generally it is on an invite only basis. Additionally, a preferred deal is an option that bypasses auctions completely.
Here’s how one might choose the right Ad network for themselves.
Inventory Size – Numbers do matter. The larger size of inventories & more advertisers ensures better performance.
Reputation – Customer feedbacks, testimonials are a great pointer to how the Ad network is doing in the market, also the portfolio if it contains reputed brands are also an assurance. Preferably one should go with an Adtech with a good reputation in their particular niche.
Performance – When running any type of advertisement through an Ad network, it’s best to test the Ads first with a small budget, it’s even better to do A/B split testing. This means to have 2-3 similar ads that are all running at the same time to see which performs better. A/B split testing will help form a clearer idea of the possible analytic data of the actual Ad on the particular Ad network thereby helping a client to choose the best-performing ad network for their campaign.
one must first understand a few of these metrics like :
- Cost per Impression – CPI, it basically measures how many times the Ad has featured on a site whether or not the users actually sees or interacts with it. Again, the actual figure is obtained by dividing the Cost of the Advertisement by this count.
- Cost per Million Impressions – CPM, Same as CPI, but measured in millions
- Cost Per View – CPV, similar to CPI but here we are measuring how many people have actually viewed the ad, so CPV is more specific.
- Click Through Rate – CTR, In order to calculate CTR, one needs to take the total number of clicks an ad receives & divide it by the number of times it was shown (impressions). Then convert that number to a percentage.
- Cost Per Click – CPC, it basically measures how much it costs to get people to click on an Ad, the actual figure is obtained by dividing the Cost of the Advertisement by this count.
- Cost Per Acquisition – CPA, can be calculated by dividing the total cost of the campaign by the number of conversions. It measures how much it costs to acquire a customer through a particular Ad
- Bounce Rate – a bounce is when a user lands on a page & does not visit any other page in the website, so bounce rate is calculated as a percentage of the total Clicks.
- Engagement Rate – More relevant in Social media & blogging sites, it is measured by the number of likes, comments or shares a post has received, giving a better picture of how much the potential customers are interacting & reacting to the Post, it is great for a company’s SEO
Technology – Factors like how much the Ad network is using AI or Machine learning in its algorithms, how much approximations it is doing with the analytical data, how user-friendly is the UI that shows the analytics are also factors that need to be assessed before proceeding with an ad tech network
Supported Formats – Ad networks offer multiple Ad formats like standard IAB display units, rising start IAB display units, custom display units, text ads, rich media ads, video rolls, interstitials, pop-ups, pop-unders, in-text ads, search box, tag cloud, & other proprietary formats that are exclusive to them. It makes sense to go with a network that offers multiple ways of displaying Ads so that one can test them over a period of time & know firsthand which ones work best.
Customer Service – It is important to choose an Ad network with good Customer Support, because it takes firms a bit of time to get acquainted with the software & or the working process of the ad network, also situations may arise during a campaign where a firm may need to talk to a representative of the Ad network for support.
Best Programmatic Ad networks of 2019
Here are some of the best Programmatic Ad networks going around
- District M
So programmatic advertising is basically using computers to buy ads, based on certain metrics, so as to ensure optimal ROI, the process of choosing the best-suited Ad network for a campaign requires deep understanding of how the entire process works and is often confusing because of the large number of Ad Networks offering similar kind of services. Media.net is one of the leading Ad networks in the world with one of the best programmatic Ad platforms.
Our Recommended Monetization Partners:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad
- Push Notification Network- iZooto (Highly Recommended)
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Video Ad Network- vdo.ai
- Native Ad Network- Mgid
- Popup Ad Network- Exoclick, Propeller Ads
I and my team research various ad networks and can help you increase your overall ad revenue; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best programmatic monetization platforms. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your website revenue. mail: [email protected]