In this article, you will find an entire checking that you can go through to reassure yourself that you have not missed on anything while setting up your Programmatic Guaranteed campaigns.
Prior to sending off a proposal-
Double check the campaign details with your buyer:
- Flight dates
- Placements (formats, size, platform, site targeting, geo, etc.)
- Pacing (evenly, front-loaded, or as fast as possible)
Make sure that you have the required amount of inventory to get through with the delivery. In accordance with CPM, budget and flight dates, run forecasts and double check.
Make sure to confirm your buyer’s seat name and that of the advertiser too.
Before you begin with your camping
Assure that a valid creative has been upload by the buyer and that the same meets to following criterias-
- Eligible to serve
- SSL compliant
- Has not been blocked by Google or your Ad Manager settings in Ad review center
- Configured with the correct size(not a multi-size creative for a single-size)
Make sure there is an activation for the corresponding line items, if in any case your network opts for manual activation.
Make sure line items do not face overbooking and switch to a different line item if you need to make changes to the available inventory.
Keep a check on your line item and that of the competition and their priorities. Know that there would be a chance of under-delivery if there are two 100% Sponsorship campaigns out running simultaneously.
Make sure that the required set up has been completed by DSP-
- With the correct dates, CPM, impressions, and more, you have created the campaign with DSP
- For each deal ID, a valid creative has been chosen.
Make sure you have chosen the DSP in- EU user consent controls, if you wish to get callouts from the publishers in European Economic Area.
Creative’s special cases
With Alcohol ads, make it a point to opt in for alcohol ads at the network and inventory settings and confirm that your country has been whitelisted for alcohol ads.
With VPAID creatives, opt in to the VPAID ad technology for your inventory. VPAID (Video Player-Ad Inteace Denition) helps in the communication of a video adand a video player and is an IAB standard.
For roadblocks or a large number of creatives with the same size, click on Show Creative Details under the Size option in the proposal line items and it would help target the same sizes on a single page. Make sure that the Ad Manager requests the accurate number of creatives from buyers and for that, you need to put in a specific number. Make sure to have set “Display Creatives” to All or for as many as possible.
For Cost per day or Sponsorships, put out sponsorships on a flat rate for a particular time period.
- CPD sponsorships do not fully guarantee that buyer’s ads will solely be the ads that show during the given time period. In some cases even though rare, Ad Manager may not be able to serve the buyer’s creative- for instance, the user’s browser does not support the creative. However, Ad Manager ensures that your impressions are fully monetized owing to the serving by a contending ad instead. Even though this occurring is an exception, it is reason enough for CPD sponsorships to not be sold as a complete 100% Share of Voice guarantee.
- Even though CPD Sponsorships are not supposed to be sold as a complete 100% Share of Voice guarantee, you can start these campaigns with competitive exclusions. This helps the buyer be assured that the ads for similar brands or products do not serve with its own ads.
- CPD sponsorships must meet or cross the billing threshold on a particular day of ad delivery for the billing of the advertiser, and so that you have compensation for delivery on a given day. Whatsoever, billing and compensations are not dependent on impressions served by the agreed CPD rate.
Interstitial ads- for these, you have to select “Mobile app” for your inventory type, which was earlier known as environment type and select the correct interstitial sizes.
Non- Personalized Ads- make sure that your buyer has not uploaded third party creatives if any case the campaign runs on non-personalized ad traffic– for example, General Data Protection Regulation’s result. The campaigns that have been negotiated with buyers in Display and Video 360 are the only ones supported by non-personalized ads.
YouTube Cross Sell- In any case, the target for your campaign is YouTube cross sell inventory, make it a point that the buyer’s creatives are limited to YouTube Certified External Vendors.The feature- YouTube Cross Help helps in your network’s integration with a partner’s YouTube channel and is available only for campaigns negotiated with buyers in Display and Video 360.
Native Ads- assure that the buyer has uploaded different sizes- both rectangles and square sizes in Display and Video 360. Even though there is not specific size requirement for either, the it is preferable for the rectangle ratio to be 1.91:1 or within 10% of this ratio.